Basic Life Support Course (BLS)
Have you ever had somebody stop breathing in front of you? Have you ever needed to start CPR on somebody whose heart has just stopped beating? When seconds count there is no time to Google.
Early recognition of cardiac arrest and the correct performance of CPR saves lives. You need to know what to do to immediately when the time comes. Our specialist Emergency Physicians can give you the skills that you need to save lives when it matters most in our Basic Life Support Course.More Info
Read how a bystander trained in CPR saved someone’s life:
“I was called to a patient who had collapsed at the Two Oceans race. A bystander had started doing CPR. We took over on arrival. After 2 minutes the patient had regained a pulse. He was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a heart attack. Two weeks later I got a call from him. That bystander saved his life.” Dr Ibrahim D’Andrea.
For Non-Healthcare workers
We offer the ‘CPR for Everyone’ which is accredited by the South African Resuscitation Council.
Candidates will receive:
- A workbook
- A certificate upon completion of the course, confirming that you have been taught how to perform CPR.
For Healthcare workers
We offer the ‘Basic Life Support Course for Healthcare Providers’. This is an internationally recognised AHA accredited basic resuscitation course.
- This course is a pre-requisite for advanced life support courses (ACLS, ACLS-EP, PALS, NALS)
- Anyone who is working in a healthcare environment should be current with this course.
- This course will earn you 15 CPD points
Our Basic Life Support Course will teach you:
- How to perform effective CPR
- The resuscitation chain of survival
- How to manage the airway with a bag-valve-mask
- When to terminate resuscitation
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course (ACLS)
We offer ACLS Courses designed to teach you how to perform effective advanced life support as part of a team. Not only will you learn the individual skills needed to resuscitate, you will also learn how to prepare, coordinate, and lead your team. Participants must hold a current BLS certificate.
ACLS Course Curriculum Includes:
- Airway management
- Shockable rhythms
- Non-shockable rhythms
- Diagnosing the cause of the arrest
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Working in teams and communicating effectively
- Terminating resuscitation and end-of-life decisions
- How to manage the MEGACODE
At the end of this two day workshop YOU will be enabled to go back to work and LEAD your teams to resuscitation greatness. We will teach you how to lead your team and get the most from ALL your team members. We all know how quickly resuscitation can go from scary to bad. With Advanced Cardiac Life Support those days are over, your resuscitations will go from scary to awesome.
You will learn from Specialist Emergency Physicians. You will also have your CPD points for the year (This course will earn you 30 clinical points and 4 ethics points). You will have a great manual to refer to and also a pocket manual to use on the shop floor. The pocket manual includes the cardiac AND paediatric guidelines
Everybody from final year medical students, ILS/ALS paramedics, Staff nurses, Registered Nurses and doctors should attend one of our advanced life support courses. Upon successful completion you will have an internationally recognised qualification that is often a pre-requisite to local or international work.
ECG Training Courses
Have you ever been confronted with an ECG that just didn’t look right?
Have you ever made a call on a patient and wished that you could confidently interpret their ECG?
Recognising the normal ECG is the first step to ECG mastery.
MD Inc. ECG Training Courses can help you become a master.
MD Inc. has teamed up with Drs Lahri, Malan, and Vallabh of EMECG fame to develop a one day ECG course which will take you from zero to hero. We will give you the confidence to make the ECG Diagnosis.
Starting from a basic ECG sciences and building up an approach to reading any ECG, in our ECG training courses we teach you to diagnose all the major ECG abnormalities:
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Bundle Branch Blocks
- Fast Rhythms
- Slow Rhythms
- Ventricular Hypertrophy
- Electrolyte abnormalities
You will receive a workbook with examples from actual patients and 8 CPD points at the end of this one day course.
Our ECG training courses are ideal for anybody exposed to the ECG, from medical students to nursing students, paramedic students, interns, GP’s, and registrars. Anybody who needs to develop or refresh ECG skills is a perfect candidate for this course. It is also a great way to get ready for the ECGs on an ACLS/ACLS-EP course.
Finished the Level 1 course? Consider enrolling for Level 2 to become a master.
Level 2 covers:
- Paediatric ECG
- And tons of actual practice
EM Diploma Preparatory workshop
Are you in the process of writing or planning to write the DipPEC? Have you asked yourself “where do I start my studying? How much do I need to know? How will I prepare for the clinical exam?”
Do you currently work in an unsupervised environment and need access to role models and instructors? Or do you simply have difficulty accessing academic and exam resources?
MD Inc. has developed a weekend workshop to answer your prayers.More Info
If you don’t believe us, here is what attendees of the last course had to say:
“I don’t know how the others did it, but I would not have made it without MD Inc.’s prep.”
“Thank you for the training. It helped me so much!”
“You saved my butt. I would have drowned in panic!”
EM Diploma Preparatory Workshop Details
This workshop consists of two weekends – the first is held prior to the written exam and the second prior to the clinical exam. We recommend that you enroll for both weekends to give you the best chance of success, but either weekend can be booked at the candidate’s discretion.
Enroll for both weekends to receive a discount AND a FREE copy of the AFEM handbook of Acute and Emergency Care.
Weekend 1 – Written Preparation Workshop
- Learn how to answer a question for maximal impact
- Learn how to score marks on questions you don’t have an answer to
- Develop approaches to major topics, such as paediatric emergencies, obstetrics and gynaecology, neurology and much more
- Get individually evaluated on your specific needs to maximise your success
- Learn how to identify high-yield low-volume resources and how to use them correctly
- Workbook with specific advice and memory aids
- Get access to our EM Diploma Preparatory Workshop groups for continued support
Weekend 2 – Clinical Preparation Workshop
- Experience the clinical exam – palpitations, sweat, tears and all!
- Approach and practice all parts of the exam that you will face on the day (visual aided, oral and clinical skills sections)
- Learn through experience and repetition
- Get individualised feedback
- Hear from previous medal winners on how they succeeded
- Workbook with specific advice and model questions
- Ongoing support on our EM Diploma Preparatory workshop groups